Friday, May 30, 2008

Memorial Day

So I am just getting around to posting our Memorial Day happenings a little late I know. The Tuesday after Memorial Day it was my turn to host the twinmom group I get together with every month. I called a babysitter and ran around all day doing this and that , trying to be the Hostess with the mostest with Dan's help. Dan finished some projects around the house we have been meaning to get to for about ummm 3 years. This twinmom group and the upcoming birthday party have inspired us to get those projects done. Wednesday I recovered from the craziness in Tues and then Thursday was crazy in itself...more about that later.


So we packed up the car on Monday and headed off to one of Dan and I's favorite (and as we discussed on the way) few traditions. We went to the Memorial Day parade in Rush where my mom grew up.
My grandpa who is going strong in his 80's still marches in the parade which is probably one of the shortest parades on record.
So after the parade passes us by we walk to the Pinehill cemetery where my Grandma is buried and they have a little ceremony. We were sure that when the gunfire came around Kamryn would be louder than the guns, but just the opposite-she thought it was pretty funny. We then went to Perkins and then back to Buffalo where Dan's brother TJ and wife Marianne hosted their annual Memorial Day Picnic. I love that we can see both families in a day but at the end after working the night before I was whipped -as my mom says"like a whipped piece of candy".





No comments: