Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Is this how Evel Knievel got started?

So if you are not familiar with the up stairs of my house, it goes like this. At the top of the stairs is the bathroom. At the end of the short hall is the babies nursery. That is all for that level of the house. From that floor there is four more stairs to another level where there are two more bedrooms one of which is Dan and mine.

This morning , I was in bed. Since this is one of the few nights I get to actually sleep in my bed I was so comfy and nothing was going to wake me up-as I soon found out. Dan was in the shower getting ready for work. Just like every morning. Dan got out of the shower (1st level) and proceeded to come to our room (2nd level)to get dressed for work. Except this time he was following Christian up the stairs into our bedroom. Dan said Kelly look at this. I woke up -heard the familiar sound of him crawling on the hardwood and I knew Dan had just gotten out of the shower and I knew why Dan was waking me -

Who knows how long he had this in the works but today was the day for Christian-mission accomplished-he climbed out of his crib. Not only did he climb out but was roaming freely while Dan was in the shower and I was sleeping. We are so lucky that he didn't try a double stunt and fall down the stairs. I have talked to moms who have experienced the same when their kids were closer to two. I thought I had a while. So with walking and talking we are a little behind but with are stunt work we have a leg up on a lot of kids-literally.

I bet you know how I will be spending the rest of my day. Baby proofing and installing some gates. And as my sister-in-law likes to say:"Christian- 2 (okay this time maybe 5) and Mom and Dad-0

1 comment:

Heather said...

Let the games begin mama!! Just when you think you've got them figured out, they pull stunts like this that leave you stunned & amazed (and ok, a little freaked out)!! I'm sure he was soooo totally proud of himself!!!
Give those genius babes kisses for me!!!