Sunday, January 25, 2009

Happy Birthday

15 Things I love about this girl & her sister............My cousins Hillary & Colleen.



  1. Hillary & Colleen are two of the FUNNIEST people I know. And the best part is--they don't try to be. They just are.

  2. They love to tell stories when they were younger and they thought I was cool . They are the same stories every time and they laugh just as hard every time. I guess the coolness factor has worn off just a bit.

  3. They are naturals with my kids and Hillary even recently life guarded in her mom's garden tub so my kids would be safe in a big bathtub and have fun too.

  4. They are 2 of the most well rounded people I know. They have travelled extensively thru Europe , the UK and Australia in between nannying for kids, holding down their own jobs , caring for goats, chickens, rabbits and various other animals including maybe a peacock and a pig. They are coming close to seeing it all. and experiencing it all.

  5. They just "get it" If I ever am in a situation where i need something, I don't have to explain it to them. This happens all the time, but it was especially evident at my baby shower. They were right there with whatever I needed. And the whole time we laughed so hard.

  6. They are so intelligent and taking their time to figure it how to use it so however they will make their living they will be happy doing it.

  7. I love to knit. They love to knit. I don't know--Colleen do you knit?

  8. Hillary recently bent over backwards to help me out and watch my kids over a couple of days. And you can tell she doesn't think twice about stuff like that. With their whole family-Hillary, Colleen , Aunt Joyce, Uncle Floyd and Michael--You never mean too but you just end up taking more than you give. For example while Hillary was watching my kids recently I walked away knowing that they were eating way healthier food than I feed them, they were bathed and had so much fun and when I picked them up I was leaving with my kids and food for us later on. everytime I am leaving with something else. Sometimes things , sometimes tips and advice, always laughs and always love.

  9. Hillary is up for anything and doesn't embarrass easily. Colleen is up for anything and if she feels like it will be embarrassing will probably tell Hillary to do it.

  10. We may pen our "Bunny Memoirs" seeing has their recent charge Sparky had a run in under recliner and me with my wild bunny in the sump pump story. Instead of the "Nanny Diaries" we will have the "Bunny Chronicles"

  11. They are who they are. They never try to be something that they aren't. If they did they wouldn't be able to keep a straight face.
  12. They like board games as much as I do.
  13. They will make incredible moms because they learned from an incredible mom..who learned from an incredible mom.
  14. They don't take things too seriously
  15. So many reasons little and big that I love these girls as my cousins and my friends. To know them is to love them and laugh with them. Happy Birthday Hilly.

post signature

1 comment:

Mom to the 3rd Power said...

What a blessing to have such great cousins!
I loved reading about your kids. My little Asher would get along great with your Kamryn and Christian-he is a mixture of both...