Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Dear Christian

You are one year old and there are so many things I love about you. Somethings I just cant get enough of like:

  • The way you shake your head back and forth. At this point you are not saying 'no' you just like how it feels and you are so cute when you do this.

  • The way you bury your face when I say"where is my kiss?" and then you quick turn your head like you are playing a little game.

  • The way you give up and roll over laughing when I am crawling behind you saying "I'm going to get you " and I didn't even reach you yet.

  • The way you start cracking up in the car when your are just by yourself and we are driving along. No one is entertaining you and sometimes you don't have any toys but you will just start cracking up.

  • The way you are starting to display a fiery little temper. I am not looking forward to the tantrums, but I love that you are forming your own opinions.

  • The way you have your own little routine and crawl to all the same spots when you are on the loose in the house.

  • The structured way you tap your fingers on the window, your head and any other hard surface. Only the middle three fingers flexed to create your own personal little drumbeat.

  • The fact that anytime and any place you are ready to cuddle up.

  • The way you bite my chin over and over and over.

  • The way you reach for my keys with your expression like"gimme my keys"

  • The way you created your own peek a boo game in the pack and play.

  • The way you splash around in the pool and pay absolutely no attention to anything else except the water.

  • That you are fearless except in moving elevators. You are fine when we go in the elevator but as soon as you get the funky change of gravity feeling, there is terror in your face.

  • The way you throw your bottle when you are done with it, showing it who is the boss.

  • The way you re discover everyday how to jump or bounce up and down. Its like you forget you can do this every night and are amazed the next day when you figure out that you can jump.
  • The most mischievous smile I have ever seen.
  • The way you get such a kick out of my expression of surprise if I am watching you do something new.
  • The way you look around to see who is watching you do the things you know you shouldn't be doing and you just cracking up.
  • The way you steal Kamryn's binky and put it in your mouth pretending you like binkies too for about a minute til you cant fake it anymore.
I could just go on and on. Christian, I just love every single thing about you and I am so lucky that out of all people in the world I get to be your Mommy.



1 comment:

Heather said...

Ok, this brought tears...Christian is going to LOVE reading this in 20 years, what great thoughts for him...what a perfect mom for him!!!!
:) H