Thursday, July 10, 2008

Hard at Work

Christian and Kamryn are hard at work perfecting their new skills. On Saturday Dan went into the nursery to get the babies and there was Kamryn standing up in her crib. This was the second time ever. The first was the day after their birthday party when she didn't even realize what she had done. But now she is pulling up to stand just about everywhere she goes. But if I dare adjust or turn her feet so she is more comfortable she gets nervous and starts to cry. I guess she feels since she lost her original footing she is all off balance. Kamryn also is starting to clap. Sometimes she brings her hands together and sometimes she flaps them up and down but its all clapping to her.

Christian has been standing for awhile and is so confident with it that now he releases one hand, jumps up and down and does whatever. He has strong muscle control when he wants to get down and crawl and has never gotten hurt to date because he just fell. He is very careful about that. Christian's big news is that he cruises up the stairs. Today he climbed all the stairs twice and went right to the nursery. A few more days of this and I am sure we will not be able to keep him off. I used to be able to put one and the bottom of the stairs and go and get the other one from the nursery. Now I will have to change that because if I put Christian at the bottom and go and get Kamryn, as I am walking down stairs Christian is trying to meet me in the middle. he is something else. Mr. Mischief. I finally found a Mr Mischief t-shirt so he can announce who he is to the world. Christian's current favorite thing is Itsy Bitsy Spider. It is guaranteed to get laughs and mommy and daddy's secret weapon when fighting boo boos and tantrums.

No comments: